Out of stock. More arriving soon - email email@example.com with requests to be notified.
You're going to want to feel how much more alive the engine is with our standalone. Even on a 100% stock car it makes the difference between feeling flat and boring to lively and exciting. If your car is modified, there's no real practical limit to where you can go.
Upgrade your car with our fully programmable ECU in a matter of minutes without any wiring nightmare.
Designed to be a plug-in replacement for your BMW M52 equipped car. It will control VANOS. The S52 is identical to the M52 in the US market as far as electronics and controls.
The M52 engines are typically found in the BMW e36 platform. The M52 is also used in the e39. If you have an e30 or other car with an engine swap, if it used the original M52 engine wiring harness, it will work with this standalone ECU.
- Fully programmable control of your engine
- Integrated wideband controller
- Control of individual fuel injectors and ignition coils
- Control of the idle valve
- Uses stock sensors (Except CAM Position)
- You must unplug the MAF, so it can be removed to make intake plumbing less complicated
- Easily tune for head work, cams, different pistons, etc.
- Gives the control needed to add a turbo
- Launch control
- Boost control by gear or speed
- 10 pin extra function connector
- 5 analog inputs for sensors or switches
- Second wheelspeed sensor input
- Low power output for LED, transistor switching, etc. Max 300mA
- 2 high power outputs (boost control solenoid, etc.)
- Serial port is wired with power for Bluetooth or Wi-fi modules
- EGT input
- User upgradable firmware
- Excellent, user-friendly tuning software
This kit includes:
- 4bar MAP sensor
- Open Element Air Temp Sensor
- 75cm Air Temp Extension Harness
- 5ft/150cm Wideband Extension Harness
By default comes with the LSU4.9 plug. If you prefer LSU4.2 just make a note in the order comments and we'd be glad to adjust that for you.
- Disconnect MAF Sensor
- a. Disconnect CAM Sensor OR b. Replace cam sensor with BMW (Meyle) 12 14 1 438 081 which is the cam sensor for the M50tu engine.
- Remove the factory ECU
- Run the wideband extension/adapter to near where the wideband sensor will be
- Plug in the engine wiring harness to the new ECU
- Run a vacuum line to the external MAP sensor. Locating the sensor in the ECU compartment is suggested, but not mandatory
- Connect to the serial port with your computer and turn the ignition on
- Turn the ignition on, calibrate the TPS, calibrate the wideband sensor
- Remove the factory O2 sensor and Install the new Bosch wideband sensor in the exhaust
- Start the car
Unboxing video: https://youtu.be/afFN2hFyv_U