Upgrade your car with our fully programmable ECU in a matter of minutes without any wiring nightmare.
Designed to be a plug-in replacement for your BMW M50 or S50 equipped car. It will control VANOS if you have that on your particular engine.
The M50 and S50 engines are typically found in the BMW e36 platform. The M50 is also used in the e34. If you have an e30 or other car with an engine swap, if it used the original M50/S50 engine wiring harness, it will work with this standalone ECU.
For best results, we recommend Injector Dynamics (available here: https://shop.vemstuning.com/products/injector-dynamics-1050x-set-of-6-60mm-length) or Fuel Injector Clinic (NOT Fuel Injector Connection!!!) injectors
We recommend against Fuel Injector Connection and Siemens Deka, and any Chinese clone injectors. Fuel is the lifeblood of your engine. The only component more important than fuel is your crank trigger. The Siemens injectors work well in some applications, we've not seen good results with BMW and VAG applications.
- Fully programmable control of your engine
- Integrated wideband controller
- Control of individual fuel injectors and ignition coils
- Control of the idle valve
- Uses stock sensors
- You can remove the MAF to make intake plumbing less complicated
- Easily tune for head work, cams, different pistons, etc.
- Gives the control needed to add a turbo
- Launch control
- Boost control by gear or speed
- 10 pin extra function connector
- 5 analog inputs for sensors or switches
- Second wheelspeed sensor input (Flex-Fuel or second wheelspeed)
- Low power output for LED, transistor switching, etc. Max 300mA
- 2 high power outputs (boost control solenoid, etc.)
- Serial port is wired with power for Bluetooth or Wi-fi modules
- EGT input
- User upgradable firmware
- Excellent, user-friendly tuning software (Available for free at www.vemstune.com)
- Available free Android App for dash or viewing ECU data (vems.hu/android/)
This kit includes:
- 4bar MAP sensor
- Open Element Air Temp Sensor
- 75cm Air Temp Extension Harness
- 5ft/150cm Wideband Extension Harness
- Genuine Bosch LSU4.9 Wideband Sensor
- Basemap loaded on ECU
By default comes with the LSU4.9 plug. If you prefer LSU4.2 just make a note in the order comments and we'd be glad to adjust that for you.
- Remove the factory ECU
- Run the wideband wires out the harness grommet
- Insert the wires in the wideband connector
- Plug in the engine wiring harness to the new ECU
- Run a vacuum line to the external MAP sensor. Locating the sensor in the ECU compartment is suggested, but not mandatory
- Connect to the serial port with your computer and turn the ignition on
- Turn the ignition on, calibrate the TPS, calibrate the wideband sensor
- Remove the factory O2 sensor and Install the new Bosch wideband sensor in the exhaust
- Start the car
Be on the lookout for our video to show the process, coming soon.